Monday, January 30, 2006

Fly Tying

Well, it's winter time here in PA so what better way to spend your time indoors than by tying flies. I spent the past two winters taking a beginners fly tying class offered by the Blair County Chapter of Trout Unlimited. This year, the classes have begun again and I have moved up into the advanced fly tying class to try to further my skills.
I was a bit apprehensive about moving up into this class with these advanced fly tyers but I'm so glad I did. These guys are just so helpful and are so willing to share their knowledge and general fly fishing and fly tying experiences. We are currently working on the complete life-cycle of the sulphur.
I have started updating the fly tying section of my website at http://www.hooked-on-flies.com. As I learn more, I will then begin posting all the patterns for dry files, nymphs, streamers, glo bogs, etc. Stop back often to see the changes.

Tight Lines,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home